The Madonna of the Trail is a series of twelve statues placed along Rt 40 the Old National Trails Road. The Pennsylvania Madonna was the tenth in the series and was dedicated December 8, 1928. It is located in Beallsville on Rt. 40 near Washington, Pennsylvania. The statues were designed by sculptor August Leimbach. They were dedicated to the pioneer spirit of women. They provide a symbol of the courage and faith of the women whose strength and love aided so greatly in settlement of the frontiers. It is also a reminder of the pioneer spirit of all women - from our revolutionary ancestors to present.
We participate in a multitude of patriotic endeavors which include: